Rewriting Your Future with Financial Planning – A Legacy for Our Children
24 February 2021 @ 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM EST
Rewriting Your Future with Financial Planning” was developed to increase the level of understanding of financial literacy
Recent Federal Reserve figures indicates that African American as well as Hispanic households in the United States have a significant disparity from white households wealth. Both African American and Hispanic households have a net value of approximately $17,000 and white households have a net value of $170,000.*
So the foundation and call for change in this critical and important factor of our lives has been long and well-established. “Rewriting Your Future with Financial Planning” is designed with each session to do the following:
1. Answer the questions of our audience when it comes to financial matters.
2. Offer our audience sound financial strategies, advice from industry experts and steps to impact our way of looking at our personal wealth
3. Will begin to create lesson plans, content valid training and development modules to be shared reaching as many people in our community and their families thus impacting our legacy
4. Sound the bell or call to action through education and awareness for corporations to hear and understand how important financial literacy is to our existence
5. The National Black MBA Association Metro NY Chapter is taking a proactive lead on this subject.
*We clearly understand that financial literacy is not the only factor that plays a role in this wealth gap. There are countless social and historical factors of discrimination, unemployment, lower wages, educational attainment and home ownership barriers that come into play. But we also know that knowing there is a problem and doing nothing will never work. “Rewriting Your Future with Financial Planning” is a major step in the right direction toward a remedy that will take years to correct.
Please email questions for our panel: email@example.com
@nyblackmba for Social Media Platforms www.nyblackmba.org
Hosting an event that you'd like to share with our community? Want to plan an event, teach a workshop, course or seminar?
Reach out here!