Regular Full-time, Market Range 12
The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, invites applications for a full-time Business Manager. Reporting to the Department Head, the Business Manager is responsible for managing all fiscal, human resources and data management responsibilities of the EECS Department with 47 tenured/tenure track faculty, 800+ undergraduate students, 250+ graduate students, and $36.9M in annual research and E&G expenditures. This position directly supervises 7 staff and provides oversight for 2 additional staff. Additional information regarding the Department may be viewed at http://eecs.utk.edu
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or related field
- 4-6 years of accounting or business management experience, including direct supervisory experience
- Knowledge of standard accounting principles.
- Professional integrity, including a thorough understanding of confidentiality.
- Communication and interpersonal skills sufficient for effective interactions with a broad range of individuals, including faculty.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent writing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Decisiveness and extensive problem-solving skills.
- Competence with common office and database software.
- Ability to lead a large office team.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Extensive knowledge and use of spreadsheets and databases.
- Master’s Degree
- Financial work history at a comprehensive research university
- Working knowledge of SAP or equivalent software
- Knowledge of recruitment and hiring processes, Taleo and I-9 e-verification.
The Knoxville campus of the University of Tennessee is seeking candidates who have the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. For full consideration, applicants must electronically submit a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to the Human Resources online Taleo System http://hr.utk.edu/
To apply for this job please visit ut.taleo.net.